Thursday, November 3, 2011

I have been SUPER busy on my spinning wheel. Probably way more productive than I would be if it wasn't this cold out! I have learned I do not like the winter at all. Fingers and toes keep getting numb - but that's for another blog! Here are some images of what I have been working on.

This first one below is some wool that would be great as outer wear. It is very rough to the touch but I love the coloring. I did a long draw with rolags. I have to start learning the proper terminology! This is a single. I did roll it into a center pull ball and I will use that to ply it to itself. I do not want anything to dilute the color tones - which really don't come through well on my camera (i know what i am asking Santa for this year).


These two were fun to do. The first is my cotton candy. I mixed the pink and blue wool with the hackle my husband made me then dizzed it off. I then just plied it on itself. The red one I worked like "beehives". I saw a you tube video on this. The core is a black crochet thread and the wool was dyed with Kool Aid - the red was specifically Black Cherry FYI.


This is a blue and grey alpaca roving I got from the Endless Mountain Fiber Festival last month and did a semi-boucle (sp?). And then again you see the cotton candy yarn :-)


This is a great pink alpaca fiber. I just plied it with the black crochet thread. Nothing fancy. I left the nubs and such in there for texture. They aren't going anywhere and the picture does it no justice. The color is spot on - hot pink! 


 Here is another one plied on itself. Again I had used the hackle to make an art roving but I think the colors got blended to much for my liking. My daughter and daughter in law love the thick/thin that I have fun doing. I love that my yarns are coming out all balanced!

 And this is my electric spinning wheel. I got it from etsy from Heavenly Handspinning Splindles and Wheels, and their stuff is great and I love that I can support a true craftsman.

1 comment:

  1. WOW you have been busy! I need to find my ball winder so before I can spin as all my bobbins are full.

    ReplyDelete